Accounting, Computer Science, & Entrepreneurship
NASA Space Grant Scholarship
Southwestern is proud to be included in the Oklahoma Space Grant Consortium, which consists of a statewide partnership of eight universities, a cooperative extension service, state government, city government, industry, Stafford Air & Space Museum. The consortium supports programs in science, mathematics, engineering, technology, education, geography, and other aeronautics and space related disciplines throughout the state.
Southwestern has been very successful at placing students in NASA Center Internships.
- 2013 - Kalan Langley, Engineering Technology - Langley Research Center
- 2013 - Jennifer Stout, Computer Science - Langley Research Center
- 2013 - Nick Rymer, Engineering Technology - Langley Research Center
- 2012 - Kelly Simon, Engineering Technology - Langley Research Center, Hampton, Virginia
- 2011 - Jamere King, Engineering Technology - Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Maryland
- 2011 - Matthew Stangl, Computer Science - Langley Research Center, Hampton, Virginia
- 2010 - Jonathan Brooks, Physics - Johnson Space Center; Houston, Texas
- 2010 - Chris Parton, Engineering Technology - Johnson Space Center; Houston, Texas
- 2006 - Dennis Ferron, Computer Science - Johnson Space Center; Houston, Texas
Scholarships are awarded to promising undergraduates who express an interest and aptitude for a broad range of projects and research in science and education, see SWOSU student awards. Awardees are required to commit a certain number of hours each semester to supporting space-related activities within the state, such as volunteering at the Stafford Air & Space Museum, to help foster a sense of social responsibility.
Files below may require external applications or readers. If you do not have the appropriate program to open the file, download the software.
Statewide Women in Science Conference
- February 24–25, 2014
- WIS Application - September 26, 2013, deadline—Return to STF 250
SWOSU Student Research
SWOSU First Tech Challenge Robotics
SWOSU Great Moonbuggy Race
- Moonbuggy Application - September 30, 2013 deadline—Return to STF 250