The Southwestern Oklahoma State University Athletic Training Alumni page is designed to keep past SWOSU Athletic Trainers up to date on how the program is doing and help connect past Bulldog Athletic Trainers to current and future Bulldog Athletic Trainers.
Some recent changes the program has made include:
- The program is now five semesters instead of four.
- Students now apply the in fall and, with approval, are admitted in the spring semester of their sophomore year.
- Class sizes have grown from 5–8 students to 14–16 students.
- In 2006 we built a brand new soccer, baseball, and softball complex that includes an athletic training facility for those sports.
- Our facilities will be expanding with the building of the new Weatherford Event Center which is scheduled to open in the fall of 2013.
- The Event Center will give us a new athletic training room for basketball and volleyball.
- With athletics moving to the new Event Center, we are now able to expand our old athletic training lab and dedicate that space entirely to football.
- In the future we will have two classrooms dedicated to the CAATE-accredited athletic training program.
- One classroom will be renovated for a clinical lab and the other will be used Athletic Training classes.
- The athletic training program has received accreditation through 2017–2018 at which time we will complete another self-study and site visit.
We hope this page will help keep our numerous alumni up-to-date with the current status of the program and the future of the program. We encourage all alumni to fill out our survey so we can know what your current status is and have up-to-date records.