B.S. Biological Sciences
- Students develop a clear understanding of core concepts in biology.
- Students employ the scientific method in laboratory and field investigations.
- Students gain knowledge through the analysis and interpretation of published works on life science topics.
- Students demonstrate effective skills in oral and written communication of the scientific world.
- Students attain pre-professional training required for entrance into schools of medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, optometry, physical therapy, dental hygiene, nursing, public health, and graduate school.
- Students develop a clear understanding of core concepts in microbiology.
- Students employ the scientific method in investigations related to microorganisms.
- Students transfer gained knowledge in the analysis and interpretation of published works on microbiology and health sciences topics.
- Students demonstrate practical skills in scientific communication.
- Students attain pre-professional training required for entrance into professional microbiology fields, medical laboratory science occupations, physical therapy schools, nursing and other public health professions.
B. S. Ed. Natural Science Education
- Students develop the breadth and depth of understanding of the natural sciences necessary for their endorsement as science teachers.
- Students receive training in developing age-appropriate lesson plans and laboratory exercises that follow current science education standards.
- Students attain skills toward effective communicating the fundamental principles of physical and life sciences.