CATC Admission Home| Application and Forms | Financial Aid | Programs of StudyC & A Tribe Requirements

Financial Aid

Students who have been accepted to Southwestern Oklahoma State University (SWOSU) may apply for Financial Aid. To apply for Federal Financial Assistance, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This form is available in the Student Financial Services Office in Room 224, in the General Thomas P. Stafford Center located immediately north of the Administration Building on SWOSU’s main campus. The application packet can also be obtained from the High School Counselor’s office.
American Indian students who are members of a federally recognized Indian tribe may be eligible for educational benefits through their tribal offices. Students should inquire with their tribe.

Two Ways to File for the FAFSA

Students can file electronically via the Web by accessing the U.S. Department of Education’s website at
Students may also obtain a FAFSA hardcopy application, complete the form, and mail it to the address provided in the packet. Students can obtain the application packets from SWOSU’s Student Financial Assistance offices at SWOSU (see above) or from their local high school counselor.
Students should make sure they list SWOSU as one of the colleges to receive the FAFSA results. SWOSU’s college code is 003181.
Student found qualified may be eligible for the following Federal and State Programs:

  • Pell Grant,
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants,
  • Federal Work-Study Programs
  • Federal Stafford Loans,
  • PLUS Loans, and
  • Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grants

For answers to additional questions regarding financial aid, please contact:

Director of Student Financial Assistance
Southwestern Oklahoma State University
580.774.6003 (Office)
580.774.7066 (Fax)