Park History

2003

OTRD transfers Crowder Lake State Park to SWOSU. It becomes known as Crowder Lake University Park.

1997

Southwestern Oklahoma State University takes over contract management of Crowder Lake State Park from OTRD.

1983

The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department creates the park area. It becomes known as Crowder Lake State Park.

1958

The U.S. Soil Conservation Service impounds Cobb Creek creating Crowder Lake.