B.M.Ed. Music Education

Instrumental/General Music

Admission to the Department of Education

A student must apply for admission to the program in the Department of Education Chair’s office. Normally, this is accomplished in the sophomore year concurrently with enrollment in Foundations of Education. A student is permitted to take professional education and methods courses including elementary specialized courses only after being admitted to the Department of Education. Transfer students may request a one-semester temporary permit to enroll in restricted courses provided they have at least a 2.50 overall grade point average.