M.S. Healthcare Informatics & Information Management
This program is completely online!
The MS degree in HIIM is a fully online program. It is imperative that all students interested in the program realize the IT Requirements that come with an online degree program.
Please view the IT Requirements/Suggestions document below for specifics on what the SWOSU’s MHIIM program requires for completion of the degree.
IT Requirements for MHIIM Program
Tech system requirements for individual users’ PCs (subject to change).
- Only Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7 is supported. Mac OSX is not supported.
- Broadband High Speed Internet Access: Cable or DSL
- Internet Explorer 8: (Firefox 3.0 is compatible, but requires special add-ons. Customer IT staff can contact us for Firefox configuration)
- ActiveX enabled
- Able to accept browser cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader version 6.0 or higher (a free plug-in for viewing .PDF files)
- Macromedia Flash Player (a free plug-in for viewing Macromedia Flash movie)
- Java Runtime ( a free plug-in for viewing downloaded applets)
- Windows media player (installed by default on PCs but some places have them disabled)
- Citrix XenApp Web Client v12.03 (Citrix-Presentation Server Client Package to be used for Cerner EHR- downloaded automatically upon opening Powerchart)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
- Microsoft Silverlight
- 2GHz Intel or AMD processor (minimum)
- 2GB of RAM (minimum)
- 512kbps (minimum)
- The Lab is best viewed at a screen resolution of 1024 x 768. Otherwise you may experience clipping or pixilated content.
- USB ports
- Firewall (Connecting to the lab requires that you have port 443 open. Please see your network administrator for assistance)
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office for MAC