Health Information Management
In addition to regular University tuition and fees, other HIM professional program costs include:
- Expenses incurred during clinical practice, the health care internship or the management practicum. (May include travel, housing, food, etc., depending on location and type of assignment).
- Yearly premium for liability/malpractice = $15.00
- $25.00 fee due at the beginning of the professional program for name tags to be used during professional practical experience/clinical practice and student affiliations and other miscellaneous program costs.
- Prorated yearly subscription fee for Medical Record Briefing and Briefings on Coding Compliance to be used during the professional program. (Subscription prices divided by number of students in the professional program).
- Semester dues for Mu Rho Alpha (Health Information Management Student Organization) Membership is recommended but not required.
- $20.00 per year dues for student membership in the American Health Information Management Association. Membership is recommended but not required.
- Expenses for attendance at state OkHIMA meetings. (Optional/required depending on location and program content).
- Application fee for the national credentialing examination following graduation.