Health Information Management Program
M.S. Healthcare Informatics & Information Management
Employment of Health Informatics professionals is expected to grow by over 30% nationally through 2016.
Requirements for Admission into the Graduate Program
- File Application for Admission or readmission to the University with the Registrar (not required of student enrolled at SWOSU during the previous year).
- File health history and submit proof of required immunizations to Student Health Services.
- File Application for Admission to Graduate Studies with the Graduate Office.
- Provide official transcript(s) of all previous college work not already on file with the Registrar at SWOSU.
- Provide other credentials (GRE or GMAT scores, references, etc.) as required by the degree program for which you are applying.
Once you have been accepted, you should
- Meet with your advisor during your semester of admission and complete a Plan of Study.
- Enroll or pre-enroll on enrollment dates listed in the class schedules.
A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B) is required in all master’s degree programs. If the GPA falls below 3.0 (B) after the completion of 12 hours, the student will be placed on academic probation. During the first probation semester, the student must have a cumulative GPA and/or semester GPA of 3.0 (B). If neither is achieved, the student will be allowed to register only as a part-time student until a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (B) is achieved. If the student fails to achieve a 3.0 during their second semester of probation, they will be dismissed from the program.
Admission for Candidacy
Complete an Application for Admission to Candidacy after the completion of 24-30 hours of graduate work. This form must be submitted to the Graduate Office no later than the first Monday after the close of the drop/add date of each semester. For more information, please contact your advisor or Dana Lloyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application for Graduation
- File an Application for graduation with the Registrar after the completion of 24-30 hours of graduate work.
- Must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office during the first 2 weeks of the semester the student plans to graduate.
- Required number of semester hours for the degree.
- All required courses completed.
- An overall GPA of at least 3.0 (B) on graduate work.
- No grades below ‘C’ applied towards degree requirements.
- No more than six (6) semester hours of ‘C’ applied towards degree.
- No more than six (6) semester hours of individual study/directed reading applied towards degree.
- No correspondence study credit applied towards the degree.
- Graduate credits completed beyond six (6) years not applicable for semester hours required but may meet course requirements in a degree program.
- No more than nine (9) approved semester hours of transfer credit. This includes courses from accredited institutions, as well as course taken at SWOSU, prior to admission into a degree program. Only courses with a grade of ‘A’ or ‘B’ may be transferred.