The primary educational goals and objectives of the Bachelor of Arts Interdisciplinary Studies degree program are as follows:
Educational goals for this degree are to
- Facilitate life-long learning goals for learners.
- Provide opportunities for learners to develop further knowledge in three discipline areas.
- Allow learners flexibility in designing an interdisciplinary curriculum to meet their individual needs and goals not served by traditional majors.
- Provide an avenue of higher education that meets the needs of learners whether for personal enrichment or professional advancement.
- Provide learners with education mobility options in a world where career changes are increasing.
Educational objectives for this degree are to assist learners in
- Acquiring a broad knowledge in a variety of disciplines.
- Completing the same general education curriculum as traditional students.
- Developing specialized knowledge in three discipline areas.
- Enhance critical thinking, communication and problem solving skills.
- Gaining intellectual knowledge and experiencing personal growth and enrichment through a broad-based curriculum of study.