News & Events
Call for Papers
The Research Excellence Club is proud to announce the inaugural volume of the SWOSU Journal of Undergraduate Research (SWOSU JUR), a collaborative project between SWOSU Students and Faculty.
The SWOSU JUR mission is to showcase the diverse research activities happening at our institution. Thus, we welcome submissions from all academic disciplines. Submissions must account for research conducted while the author was either an undergraduate or graduate student at SWOSU. Articles should describe novel research discoveries and follow an organizational structure that maximizes clarity and follows professional standards. For more information about the JUR, please check out our website (need url) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also looking for students and faculty who are interested in reviewing JUR article submissions. If you are interested in becoming a submission reviewer, please email Dr. Muatasem Ubeidat at email@example.com.
Interested in submitting to, reviewing for, or helping with the JUR? Check out these upcoming workshops and important dates. All workshops are on Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. in SCI 212 as part of Research Excellence Club meetings.
- Oct. 9, 2013: Finding the Time to Write in a Busy Schedule (Dr. Stephen Burgess) and call for SWOSU JUR editor staff
- Nov. 1, 2013: JUR Submission window for first issue opens (see our website for more submission guidelines)
- Nov. 13, 2013: How to Write a Research Paper (Panel moderator: Dr. Denise Landrum-Geyer)
- Dec. 11, 2013: How to Review a Research Paper (Panel moderator:Dr. Muatasem Ubeidat)
- Jan. 21, 2014: JUR Submission window for first issue closes