The Department of Kinesiology's mission focuses on the preparation of professionals in the fields of health and physical education and exercise science.
The department of Kinesiology, has the following goals:
- To provide the future health and physical education teacher and coach with skills necessary to develop exceptional programs in the public and private school.
- To offer a four-year course of study leading to the Bachelor of Science in Education for the Health and Physical Education track student.
- To offer specialized coursework, which includes health, physical education sciences, physical education programs, and athletic coaching theory.
- To provide for all students a variety of programs and courses designed to aid the student in making proper choices involving healthy living styles, lifetime sports, leisure skills, and fitness skills.
- To provide and assist the public and private schools with expertise and information in health and physical educations.
- Prepare the future exercise science professional with skills necessary in preventive health services in a corporate or community setting or to provide rehabilitative health services in a clinical setting.
- To offer a four-year course of study leading to the Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science.
- To offer specialized course work, which includes applied sciences in exercise physiology, exercise testing and prescription, motor control, kinesiology and anatomy, and the sociology of exercise behavior.
- To provide students the most contemporary issues and trends in the application of exercise for weight management, cardiopulmonary health, maintenance of functional movement throughout the lifespan, and the application of exercise science to athletic performance.