Department of Language & Literature
- To strengthen the use of the English language as an effective means of oral and written expression.
- To provide a knowledge of English grammatical concepts.
- To foster the ability to evaluate, synthesize, and present research.
- To cultivate critical, logical, and analytical thinking.
- To promote an understanding of significant authors, works, genres, historical backgrounds, and recurrent themes of American, British, and world literature.
- To encourage the use of a variety of critical paradigms.
- To enhance knowledge of the multi-cultural diversity of the national and world communities through the study of literature.
- To promote a functional understanding of foreign language and culture.
- To provide skills and knowledge necessary to qualify for a variety of jobs and to continue education.
- To promote oral and written communication in Spanish.
- To promote knowledge and understanding of Spanish speaking cultures.
- To connect Spanish with other disciplines and acquire information.
- To develop insight into the nature of language and culture.
- To promote the Spanish language and culture in communities at home and around the world.