Westview is published semiannually by the Language Arts Department of Southwestern Oklahoma State University. Publications include previously unpublished fiction, poetry, prose poems, drama, nonfiction, book reviews, literary criticism, and artwork. Westview holds only first rights for all works published. We now only accept electronic submissions via our digital commons interface at http://dc.swosu.edu/.
Here are some instructions to navigate the new system:
- Follow this link to the SWOSU Digital Commons: http://dc.swosu.edu
- Under the SWOSU Digital Commons banner at the top of the page you'll see four links that say Home, About, FAQ, and My DC Account. Click on the link to My DC Account.
- On this page, click on the Create New Account button and follow the instructions there to do so.
- Once you've created your new account, locate the Browse tab on the left hand side of the window, and follow the Collections link.
- On the Collections page, you should see a list of several links. Click on the first link that says Journals, Newsletters, and SWOSU Publications.
- Click on Journals.
- You should now see two journals listed; click on Westview.
- You should now be at the Westview page. On the left hand side, you should see a list of links below the Home link starting with Journal Home.
- Click on the Submit Article link, and follow the instructions on the resulting pages to complete your submission
To help facilitate the journal’s blind review process, authors should exclude identification information from manuscripts. Subscriptions for two years (four issues): $15 in the United States; $25 out of country. Single issues: $6 including postage; $5 if not mailed. Checks are to be made payable to Westview.