Music Therapy Organizations/Institutes
- American Music Therapy Association - Providing national (U.S.) & international updates in the music therapy profession.
- Certification Board for Music Therapists - Providing accreditation/licensure information for music therapy practitioners.
- Southwestern Region of the American Music Therapy Association - Professional updates in the states of Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Texas.
- A Different Drum - Facilitated Interactive Rhythm Event (ADD-FIRE) - Directed by Todd Balcon, MT-BC, a SWOSU graduate.
- Institute for Music Research - Hyperlinks to CAIRSS (database for music therapy related search) and more.
- Institute for Music & Neurologic Function--Directed by Dr. C. Tomaino on music-therapy-assisted neurological rehabilitation & research
- The Nordoff-Robbins Center for Music Therapy at NYU - Well-known by its music improvisation approaches in music therapy.
Music Therapy Resources
- APT Online
- International Arts Medicine Association (IAMA) - Resources for Arts Medicine in general.
- International Society for Music Education (ISME) - Music in special education/therapy/medicine.
- Music Therapy Link - Hyperlinks to some American & European clinically-related Web sites.
- Music Therapy Research - A summarized table by faculty and students of UWEC
- Voices: A World Forum for Music Therapy - Including introductions of music therapy development by country.
Other Health-Related Resources
- Medscape - Medical research updates, including the hyperlink to database Medline.
- International Expressive Arts Therapy Association (IEATA) - Resources for Expressive Arts Therapy in general.
- International Journal of Psychosocial Rehabilitation - Full-length online articles.
- Links of Autism Resources - Sponsored by Wings Learning Center
- Geriatric Resources, Inc. - Useful facts and links of geriatric concerns
- Hospice Foundation of America - Providing resources related to end-of-life issues and more.
- Questia - An online library.
Therapeutic Music Resources
- Ballroom Dance Tutorial (http://www.dancetv.com/tutorial/basics/index.html)
- NIEHS Sing-Along (http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/musicold.htm#index): The website organizes the "must-know" songs with MIDI playbacks and lead sheets according to their genre, excellent for music therapists working with especially the younger population
- Song for Teaching--Educational Music (http://www.songsforteaching.com/index.html): it organizes songs and short music clips according to the TOPICS instead of the title--a wonderful resource for finding the "right" songs for your therapeutic interventions