Professional Pharmacy Program
Admission to the Professional Pharmacy Program
Students may apply for admission into the professional program for the fall and spring semesters. Applications for admission into the professional program for fall semesters should be submitted by the previous
Applications for admission to the professional program for the Spring semester should be submitted by the previous September 1st. Selection for admission into the professional program is competitive. The minimum standards to be considered for admission are as follows:
- Satisfactory completion of at least 58 semesters hours of the pre-pharmacy curriculum;
- Completion of all pre-pharmacy biology, chemistry, mathematics, and physics courses; Organic Chemistry II and Organic Chemistry II Lab and Microbiology must have been completed within seven years of the semester for which an applicant is seeking admission. All pre-professional requirements not completed prior to admission to the professional Pharm.D. program must be completed within one calendar year of the date of admission.
- A minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.50;
- Submission of valid ACT or SAT scores;
- Submission of Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) scores from PCAT test taken within 3 years of the date of application.
Applications must be submitted on standardized forms supplied by the College of Pharmacy. Application forms are not available online. Forms, application deadlines, and further information may be obtained from the Pharmacy Admissions Counselor. Incomplete, late, or improperly prepared applications will not be processed. All admissions are subject to any conditions specified in the admission letter and other correspondence from the College of Pharmacy .