SWOSU rhn mission
Rural Health Network
SWOSU Pharmacy Rural Health Network
SWOSU College of Pharmacy Rural Health Mission Statement:
The mission of Southwestern Oklahoma State University College of Pharmacy Rural Health Center is to build an avenue for information and to develop programs for community-based healthcare services coordinated through the local pharmacy/pharmacist for advancement rural health.
Our Rural Health Network Goals:
To see SWOSU College of Pharmacy Rural Health Center as a:
- Highly recognized resource center for information
- A development center for community-based health programs
- Supporting rural pharmacies in the delivery of healthcare services.
We at Southwestern Oklahoma State University College of Pharmacy Rural Health Network are reaching out to rural Oklahoma. We want to augment rural health care for the patient. Our purpose is to elevate healthcare services by funneling information, developing services and assisting rural pharmacists in advancement of healthcare.
Rural Health Network
- Developing rural pharmacy email network
- Sharing pertinent information to rural pharmacists which can aid with services to patients
- "Rural Rocks" - weekly summary update of shortages, recalls, DEA, medical news from FDA, CDC, and other medical sources to inform and save you time
- Sharing your feedback with other rural pharmacies to help overcome similar obstacles they may face
- Monitoring changes in the pharmacy healthcare arena to help you stay ahead
- Product instructional videos for Ipad to aid in counseling.
- Health Fairs (Rural Health Network is willing to come and assist you)
- Showing Excellence in Education
- Professionalism of a pharmacist
- Services of rural pharmacists
- Extended clinical education for pharmacists
- Helping pharmacists to implement clinical services in rural setting
- Immunization (currently offering certification refresher)
- Developing areas of MTM and Diabetic education for the Rural Independent.
- RMOP (Remote Medication Order Processing) for rural critical access hospitals.
- Transition Care (hospital discharge consultation) "Hospital to Home-Bridging the Gap"
- Helping educate students for transition into the rural settings
- Teaching community outreach (health fairs/educational projects in schools/medical mission trips)
- Developing training overviews of Medicare A & B, part D
- 3rd party contracting/reimbursement/rejections/perpetual inventories/management