SWOSU Center for Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences (SCRiPS)
The College of Pharmacy at Southwestern Oklahoma State University has established SCRiPS with the mission to promote research in the pharmaceutical sciences and to foster advances in drug discovery and development by providing the facilities, resources, and the intellectual environment to support multidisciplinary and collaborative pharmaceutical research efforts. SCRiPS shall also contribute to the teaching mission of SWOSU by providing opportunities for faculty and student learning and discovery through engagement in original research and scholarship.
Specific goals of SCRiPS are:
- to create a network for exchange of ideas and sharing of resources among faculty and students;
- to promote collaborative research among College of Pharmacy faculty and students and with other SWOSU departments and external institutions;
- to encourage and support grantsmanship in the pharmaceutical sciences;
- to promote the presentation and publication of research findings;
- to offer opportunities, within the College of Pharmacy and SWOSU, as well as through national and international exchange programs, for students with interests in pharmaceutical research;
- to promote undergraduate research and to encourage interest in graduate studies in the pharmaceutical and biomedical sciences;
- to provide pharmaceutical research and technology services, including drug synthesis, product/formulation development, analytical services, assay development, in vitro preclinical studies, and guidance regarding drug safety and pharmaceutical law and administrative issues, to public and private organizations and institutions; and
- to establish areas of research concentration and excellence representative of faculty expertise.
Through accomplishment of its mission and goals, SCRiPS will serve as an internationally recognized center of excellence for pharmaceutical research and the advancement of undergraduate scholarship.