School of Nursing, RN to BSN Admissions
If you want to apply for admissions into the RN to BSN program at Southwestern, but did not graduate from an ACEN or CCNE accredited program, you must pass the following tests:
|National League For Nursing||Testing Fee||Administration Fee||Time Limit|
|NACE ll Care of Adult Client||$60||$5||4 hrs.|
|NACE II Care of Child||$34||$5||2 hrs.|
|NACE II Care of Childbearing Family||$34||$5||2 hrs.|
|NACE II Care of Client with a Mental Disorder||$60||$5||2 hrs.|
Tests may be taken at the Southwestern Assessment Center. Test fees are subject to change. The $5 Administrative Fee for each test must be paid at the Southwestern Oklahoma State University Business Office. Administrative fee payments for tests taken in the same day may be on the same receipt. Please bring the receipt to your testing appointment.
- Call the Southwestern Assessment Center to make a testing appointment 580.774.7184. This should be done at least one week in advance.
- Create an account at the following website: https://ondemand.questionmark.com/400030/ext/nlntesting/user/register
- Register for the exam within your account. The name of the Exam Session is usually the date of the exam plus a portion of the test name (Adult, Child, Childbearing or Mental Disorder). The session name may not be available until 24 hours after making the testing appointment.
- Contact the Southwestern Business Office (Administration Building) to make payment for Administrative Fees: 580.774.3019
- Testing location: SWOSU Assessment Center 224 W. College in Weatherford, OK
- Arrive for your appointment with:
- Valid Photo ID (driver’s license or SWOSU ID)
- Receipt verifying payment of Administrative Fee(s)
- Calculator (please check the list of prohibited calculators below)
- Test results will be submitted to Southwestern faculty in the School of Nursing.
- The tests may be taken at an alternate location. Other administrative fees may replace ours. Please call the Southwestern Assessment Center for assistance 580.774.7184.
- If you have an official paper copy of a score, please submit it to your Southwestern faculty advisor.
- Please note that once you have applied to take an exam, the application fee, cost for the exam, and fees associated with score reports are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- There is NO REFUND for SWOSU Administrative Fees unless your appointment is canceled or rescheduled with at least one-week’s notice. Rescheduling with less than one-week’s notice will require additional Administrative fees.
- Score requirement: 70 percent on all four tests
- All four tests should be completed and passed within a calendar year (January – December).
- You are allowed three attempts per test per calendar year.
- There is a three-month waiting period between attempts per test.
TI (Texas Inst.)
- TI-89 OR TI-92
- TI-Nspire CAS (the TI-Nspire non-CAS is permitted)
- HP Prime
- HP 48GII
- HP 40G OR HP 49G OR HP 50G
- Algebra fx 2.0
- ClassPad 300, 330, & 400
- fx-CP400 (Class Pad 400)
- Handheld, tablet, or laptop computers, including PDAs
- Electronic writing pads or pen-input devices-The Sharp EL 9600 is permitted
- Calculators built into cell phones or any other electronic communication devices
- Calculators with a typewriter keypad.
- Calculators with paper tape ( use but remove tape)
- Calculators that make noise (use but turn off the sound)
- Calculators with infrared data port (cover the port)
- Calculators with power cords (remove power cords)