Center for Distance and eLearning
The mission of the Center for Distance and eLearning is to support the University’s mission of enriching students’ educational experience with faculty members who effectively combine teaching, scholarship, and technology to help create a campus culture that values and supports excellence in teaching, learning, and research in the latest uses of technology in the classroom.
The Center for Distance and eLearning at Southwestern Oklahoma State University includes support, resources and services that enable faculty to achieve excellence, integration, and satisfaction in the areas of distance and eLearning, teaching, eLearning scholarship, and classroom technology proficiency across their career lifespan.
The Center for Distance and eLearning provides services to all tenured, tenure-tracked and adjunct faculty of Southwestern Oklahoma State University in the areas of classroom technology, consultation, teacher and teaching resources, faculty eLearning development events, and eLearning scholarship both in person and virtually. Additionally, the Center for Distance and eLearning provides support to all Southwestern Oklahoma State University students and alumni in the use of educational technology in their ongoing education at and association with SWOSU.
- Instructional Design Support - One-on-one consultation is available for enhancing courses with instructional design and appropriate educational technology. Contact Distance Education and eLearning at (580) 774-3149 or email@example.com.
- Learning Object/Multimedia Production Support – Multimedia production is done in the Multimedia Production Studio at the Al Harris Library on the Weatherford Campus. One-on-one consultation and design support is available to enhance traditional through online coursework with multimedia learning objects (animations, audio, and video objects). Contact Distance Education and eLearning at (580) 774-3149 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- eLearning Software Application Support - One-on-one consultation and assistance for eLearning software application support is available from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM in the Distance and eLearning Center. Contact Distance Education and eLearning at (580) 774-3149 or email@example.com.
- Classroom Technology Support
- ITV (mobile and stationary)
- Teacher’s workstations
- Web video conferencing
- Faculty elearning development events include: (Watch this space for the schedule)
- Workshops – several hours demonstrations and hands on work
- Brown Bags – lunch hour single topic demonstrations
- Drop-ins – faculty reserved time in the computer lab to bring your questions or issues
- Guest appearances – virtually or physically
Orientation guides serve as a familiarization tool for faculty and students in not only the tools but the techniques of eLearning. The Center for Distance and eLearning is responsible for producing and maintaining guides in the following areas.
- Canvas Quick Guide
- ITV Quick Guide
- Integration of ITV and Canvas for Faculty
- Student Online Course Survival Guide
- Student Telecourse Survival Guide