SWOSU Canvas Login Instructions
Current Canvas Status - Normal
Check the Canvas Help Center for previous status updates.
Canvas Login Instructions
Canvas works best in Firefox and Chrome. We do not recommend using Internet Explorer with Canvas. You can find the browser requirements at the Canvas Help Center.
- Point your Browser to https://swosu.instructure.com/, or click on any Canvas link on SWOSU’s website.
- Instructors and staff: User ID is your full Dawgtag and password is your default password, which you can change once you log into Canvas.
- Students: User ID is your full 8 digit SWOSU DawgTag and your password will be reset to your default password, which you can change once you log into Canvas.
- Passwords are case-sensitive. Make sure you don't have the caps lock on when you type your password.
- On mobile devices you will not see the SWOSU specific logo and instructions. The Canvas instructions advise you to use email as login. This is incorrect for students. Students should still use their SWOSU DawgTag as user ID on mobile devices.
- If you use the 'Don't know my password' link to reset your password, make sure you enter your @student.swosu.edu (if students) or @swosu.edu (if instructors and staff) email address and check that email account for instructions.
- If you are unable to login or reset your password, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your @student.swosu.edu email address and SID.
- Not all instructors use Canvas. If you are a student and do not see your courses listed, please check with your instructor to make sure they are using Canvas.
- Reset Canvas Password: this link to the student Canvas Guide demonstrates how to reset your current password.
- What is the Canvas Dashboard: this link explains the dashboard navigation layout in Canvas.
- The Top Navigation Menu: this link explains the top navigation menu, also known as the Global Navigation Menu.