Graduate Student Admissions
Admission requirements for graduate international students are:
- Degree equivalent to a USA Bachelor’s degree — Must be evaluated if from outside the USA and if necessary translated into English
- English proficiency: IELTS 6.5 OR TOEFL 79 (iBT)
- Certification of financial resources equal to US $18,429 per year (2 semesters).
- Satisfy all admission requirements of the specific graduate department in which you seek admission. Admission requirements vary by department.
Please note that admission to graduate degree programs is a two-part process. Part I is admission to SWOSU and Part II is admission to the specific graduate program you seek.
- Complete the Online Application for Admission - There is NO application fee!
- Enter 99999 in the zip code box
- Replace the words “foreign city” in the box for your city by entering the name of your city.
- If you do not have a social security number, please leave this box blank.
- Submit the International Applicant Information Form (click on link to download)
- Submit Official College Transcripts from All Previous Colleges Attended-If your bachelor’s degree was completed in another country, you must have your transcript evaluated by a credential evaluation service such as WES or ECE or GCE .
- Demonstrate proof of English Proficiency by submitting one of the following:
- A transcript showing completion of at least 24 college credit hours in the USA
- An international TOEFL score of 79 or better (http://www.ets.org/toefl/ )
- An IELTS score report of 6.5 or better (http://www.ielts.org/)
- Documents showing completion of high school or university in an English speaking school system in an English speaking country (additional documentation may be requested).
- Submit Graduate Certification of Financial Resources (click on link to download)
- Submit a scanned copy of biographical page of passport
- Contact the College of Graduate and Professional studies at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about the specific graduate program you are interested in and for specific requirements.
Application deadlines for Graduate students:
- Fall Semester (begins in August): June 1
- Spring Semester (begins in January): October 1
- Summer Semester (begins in June): March 1
For documents required in Part I click on the following link to upload them.
Paper documents can be submitted by mail to:
International Student Affairs
100 Campus Drive
Weatherford, Oklahoma 73096
Email your admission questions to email@example.com.