Undergraduate Student Admissions
Admission requirements for undergraduate international students are:
- Secondary School (High School) transcript—translated into English if necessary
- English proficiency: IELTS 5.5 OR TOEFL 61 (iBT)
- Submission of an official ACT or SAT score for students below the age of 21 (no predetermined minimum score)
- Certification of financial resources equal to at least US $19,584 per year (2 semesters).
Steps to complete your SWOSU undergraduate admission
- Complete the Online Application for Admission - There is NO application fee
- Enter 99999 in the zip code box.
- Replace the words “foreign city” in the box for your city by entering the name of your city.
- Please leave the box for a Social security number empty if you do not have a Social security number.
- Submit International Applicant Information Form (click on link to download)
- Submit Official High School (Secondary School) Transcript - Must be in English and any translation should be certified.
- Submit Official SAT or ACT Score - required of students less than 21 years of age (Information concerning the ACT is available from The American College Testing Program http://www.act.org/. Information concerning the SAT is available from: The College Board http://www.collegeboard.org/.)
- Proof of English language proficiency as demonstrated by one of the following:
- TOEFL score report (http://www.ets.org/toefl/)
- iBT test score of at least 61
- International paper-based test score of at least 500
- IELTS score report (http://www.ielts.org/)
- Test score of at least 5.5
- Graduation certificate from an English language high school (secondary school) system
- Completed high school in an English speaking school system in an English speaking country—additional documentation may be requested.
- Submit Undergraduate Certification of Financial Resources (click on link to download)
- Submit scanned copy of biographical page of passport
Application deadlines are:
- July 1 for mid-August intake
- November 1 for January intake
- April 1 for June intake
To submit required documents click on the following link to upload them:
Paper documents may be submitted by mail to:
International Student Affairs
100 Campus Drive
Weatherford, Oklahoma 73096
Email your admissions questions to email@example.com.