Information Technology Services
Filtering Junk E-mail in Outlook
You can configure Outlook settings to provide the type of protection from junk e-mail that you prefer.
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Preferences tab, under E-mail, click Junk E-mail.
- Select the protection level that you want.
Setting options are as follows:
- No protection: Although this turns off the automatic Junk E-mail Filter, Outlook will still to evaluate messages by using domain names and e-mail addresses on your Blocked Senders List, and messages will continue to be moved to your Junk E-mail folder.
- Low: If you don't receive many junk e-mail messages and want to see all but the most obvious junk messages, you should select this option.
- High: If you receive a large volume of junk e-mail messages, you should select this option. However, review the messages moved to your Junk E-mail folder because some wanted messages may be moved there as well.
- Safe Lists Only: Any e-mail messages sent from someone not on your Safe Senders List or sent to a mailing list not on the Safe Recipients List will be treated as junk e-mail messages.