Financial Assistance Awards Guidelines
In 1992 the President of SWOSU established a fund to assist the SWOSU community in the dissemination of scholarly activities at professional meetings. Certain conditions were established for awarding funds to all eligible participants. Those conditions are that the least expensive means of travel be assured, the stay not exceed the time required to present, and assurance that all applicable funds be spent prior to requesting additional funds from the Financial Assistance process. Applicable funds include departmental, deans, indirect costs, student activities, etc.
It is the intent of this policy to fund one request per fiscal year per applicant and per presentation up to $500.Future requests for additional support will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Files listed may require external applications or readers. Download software if needed.
- Faculty/Student Scholarly Activity - Request for Financial Assistance (Microsoft® Excel Worksheet)
- Abstract of the Activity
- SWOSU Travel Request signed by Head of Budget Unit and Dean
(OSP will obtain all other required signatures) (Microsoft® Excel Worksheet)
- Either Letter of Acceptance or Program Identifying Participants
- List of Others who will be Traveling and/or Requesting Funding
- Copy of Approved Hotel(s) with Rate(s)
- Copy of Official Statement of Registration Fee
- Quoted Airfare Rates
NOTE: If the amount requested exceeds the amount allocated and travel is still pursued, the faculty member and/or student will be required to pay all excess costs from their personal funds.