Classification of Employees/Independent Contractors
Personal Services Information
Personal Services Contract under 7500
Personal Services Contract over 7500
Academic & Summer - Time & Effort
Time & Effort Reporting Policy
Some of these files require external applications or readers. If needed, please download the appropriate software to open the file.
- The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is responsible for administering any necessary negotiations and acceptance of awards. In the case of an approved contract or cooperative agreement, OSP obtains the required signatures.
- OSP and the Grants and Contracts Accountant (GCA) oversee the management of funded proposals.
- PI should obtain administrative review by OSP of all applications or materials distributed through mass mailings.
- The Principal Investigator (PI) is responsible for conducting the research and for proper management of funds and personnel. Most of the necessary forms to be used by the PI are located on the SWOSU Forms Web Page.
- Modifications to an area as defined in the award usually require approval from the Agency. The Principal Investigator (PI) shall submit a request to OSP for changes in the award. OSP will obtain the necessary approvals for the requested changes. All major changes in program, award, or budget must be submitted to OSP.
- Line item budget changes or minor changes in the use of funds shall be submitted to the Grants and Contract Accountant (GCA). If the GCA deems the changes to be excessive or unusual, OSP will be consulted. Major budget changes must be submitted to OSP.
- The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-110 addresses regulations applicable to financial assistance awards made to Institutions of Higher Education and OMB Circular A-133 addresses Audits of Institutions of Higher Learning. OMB Circular A-21 addresses principles for determining costs applicable to research and development, training, and other sponsored work. The Grants and Contracts Accountant can assist the PI in these matters.
- At the end of the grant period, the PI must submit a final narrative report and a final financial report to the Grants and Contracts Accountant for proper dissemination. Other reports may be required during the award period.