Student Research and Scholarly Activities Opportunities
The SWOSU Research Excellence Club meets regularly during the Fall and Spring semesters in SCI 212. The club is open to any student interested in research. More information is available from Dr. Andrea Holgado, faculty sponsor, at email@example.com.
- Event Date: March 29, 2016
- Location: Oklahoma State Capital
- DEADLINE for Nominations: November 2, 2015
- More information: http://www.okepscor.org/calendar/2016-research-day-capitol
Oklahoma Research Day
- Event Date: March 11, 2016
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Location: Northeastern State University Event Center, Tahlequah, OK
- More information: contact Kathi Schoonover at (918) 444-2243 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
The National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) is an interdisciplinary conference for students representing universities and colleges from around the world. The event includes a graduate and professional school fair and a career forum.
- Registration Deadline: March 9, 2016
- Event Date: April 7-9, 2016
- Location: University of North Carolina at Asheville, Asheville, NC.
More information: http://www.cur.org/ncur_2016/
- Event Date: October 15-17, 2015
- Location: Detroit Mariott at the Renaissance Center in Detroit, MI
- More information: http://intouch.ccgmag.com/page/woc_conference
The Council on Undergraduate Research Registry of Undergraduate Researchers is one tool that undergraduate students can use to assist them in their pursuit of a graduate degree. The purpose of this registry is to facilitate matchmaking between undergraduates with research experience and a desire to pursue an advanced degree, and graduate schools seeking high quality students who are well prepared for research. Currently the Registry is open to students and graduate schools/employers in nearly all fields.
Any undergraduate may go to http://www.cur.org/projects_and_services/registry/student_register/ to fill out a simple curriculum vitae form. There is no charge to the student, and records will be made available to bona fide Graduate Schools or research programs that contract with CUR for this service. More information is available at http://www.cur.org/projects_and_services/registry/students/.