Office of Sponsored Programs
Student Research and Scholarly Activities Opportunities
The SWOSU Journal of Undergraduate Research (SWOSU JUR) is now accepting submissions for Volume 2. The SWOSU JUR is an interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal showcasing scholarly work composed by SWOSU students while also promoting intellectual curiosity and exploration across campus. Submissions from all academic disciplines are welcomed. Eligibility is restricted to undergraduate and graduate students at SWOSU, and manuscripts must reflect work conducted under the direction of a SWOSU faculty mentor.
Volume 1 of the JUR can be viewed at http://www.swosu.edu/academics/jur/volumes.aspx. Submission guidelines for Volume 2 are at http://www.swosu.edu/academics/jur/submission-guidelines.aspx. The tentative deadline for articles being considered for Volume 2 is March 15, 2015. Articles submitted after that time will be considered for a future volume.
The SWOSU Research Excellence Club meets regularly, starting in the Spring 2015 semester on Wednesday, January 28, at 5:30pm in SCI 212. The club is open to any student interested in research. More information is available from Dr. Andrea Holgado, faculty sponsor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SWOSU’s Nomination to Research Day at the Capitol: Matt Abbott, Anadarko Senior
- Registration for student nominees, advisors and other attendees: March 1, 2015 (Sunday)
- Event Date: March 31, 2015 (Tuesday)
- Posters on Display: 8:00 a.m. to 1:20 p.m.
- Awards Ceremony: 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- More information: http://www.okepscor.org/calendar/2015-research-day-capitol
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 5 p.m. January 28, 2015 (Wednesday)
- Registration Deadline: 5 p.m. February 12, 2015 (Thursday)
- Event Date: March 13, 2015 (Friday)
- Time: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Location: Northeastern Oklahoma State University, Tahlequah
- For travel information, contact Office of Sponsored Programs at 580-774-7012.
- Abstract Submission Deadline: March 6, 2015 (Friday)
- Event Date: April 14, 2015 (Tuesday)
- Time: Noon to 3:00 p.m.
- Location: SWOSU Memorial Student Union Ballroom
- More information: http://www.swosu.edu/administration/osp/fair/index.aspx
- Event Date: February 16-20, 2015
- Keynote speaker: Ira Flatow, National Public Radio science correspondent
- More information: http://researchweek.okstate.edu/
The National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) is an interdisciplinary conference for students representing universities and colleges from around the world. The event includes a graduate and professional school fair and a career forum.
- Registration Deadline: March 12, 2015
- Event Date: April 16-18, 2015
- Location: Eastern Washington University, Cheney, WA.
- More information: http://www.cur.org/ncur_2015/
- Event Date: October 15-17, 2015
- Location: Detroit Mariott at the Renaissance Center in Detroit, MI
- More information: http://intouch.ccgmag.com/page/woc_conference
The Council on Undergraduate Research Registry of Undergraduate Researchers is one tool that undergraduate students can use to assist them in their pursuit of a graduate degree. The purpose of this registry is to facilitate matchmaking between undergraduates with research experience and a desire to pursue an advanced degree, and graduate schools seeking high quality students who are well prepared for research. Currently the Registry is open to students and graduate schools/employers in nearly all fields.
Any undergraduate may go to http://www.cur.org/projects_and_services/registry/student_register/ to fill out a simple curriculum vitae form. There is no charge to the student, and records will be made available to bona fide Graduate Schools or research programs that contract with CUR for this service. More information is available at http://www.cur.org/projects_and_services/registry/students/.