- Continuous ringing of the fire alarm.
- In case of a loss of electrical power, the signal will be verbal.
Steps of Action:
- Immediately call SWOSU Campus Police Ext. #3111 or (580) 774–3111 or 911 if smoke is visible.
- If fire or smoke is visible/activate the fire alarm and give verbal alarm.
- Evacuate the building, alerting people as you go. Seek and assist persons in your area who are limited in their mobility or who may need additional assistance.
- Exit using the stairways only. Do not use elevators.
- Close all doors leading to the main hallways. Never prop stairwell doors open.
- Evacuate to at least 500 feet from the building.
- Restrooms, hallways and unoccupied rooms will be checked by Police.
Supervise evacuation and check for injuries. Assign roles to auxiliary persons as needed. Double-check room or office to ensure total evacuation. Administer appropriate first aid within your ability until help arrives.