- Students who are believed to be suicidal or unsafe to be left alone should be referred to the Red Rock Crisis Unit or the Weatherford Regional Hospital Emergency Room.
- Kim Liebscher, Counseling Services Ext #3776 or (580) 774–3776
- Tamra Misak, Counseling Services Ext. #3233 or (580) 774–3233 or cell (405) 820–3211
- Dr. Foust, background in mental health Ext. #7172 or (580) 774–7172
- Cindy Dougherty, Dean of Students Ext. #3767 or (580) 774–3767
- Rick Bolar, Chief of Campus Police Ext. #3111 or (580) 774–3111
- Check the date of birth of the student, if they are under 18, contact the parents and they can be included in the decision making process.
- If it is determined to use Red Rock give them a call (580) 323–6021 let them know that we are sending a SWOSU student. Ask for the Crisis Unit and the counselor will visit with you about the situation and instruct you as to what to do.
- A student can also be taken to the Weatherford Regional Hospital Emergency Room and they can perform the assessment and determine what is best for the student. The student will be charged emergency room fees.
- Contact Campus Police for transportation Ext. #3111 or (580) 774–3111. Do not personally provide transportation for the student.
- The student is not allowed to be alone, if they want to take some personal belongings to the Crises Unit, it is allowed but someone must be with them at all times. Often R.A.’s or student employees or a friend can wait with the student until the officer arrives.
- If going to the Crisis Unit, they should take comfortable clothing such as sweats, t-shirts, slippers and toiletries. Belts, shoe strings or draw strings are not allowed in the Crisis Unit. Towels, bedding, soap, and shampoo are provided.
- Students who go to the Crisis Unit can expect to be there 2–3 days. They are allowed visits and phone calls during appropriate times.
- Cindy Dougherty, Dean of Students Ext. #3767 or (580)774–3767 should be contacted and will notify the student’s instructors regarding the situation. The status of the absence (excused or unexcused) is at the discretion of the instructor.