Office of the President
SWOSU Mission, Values & Vision
SWOSU confirmed its values with its stakeholders.
- We value our standing as a premier Oklahoma institution of higher education that meets the needs of the state and the region by providing accessible, affordable, high-quality associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and professional degree programs.
- We are committed to high standards for instruction, administrative services, research, scholarly and creative activities, and service to the university and community.
- Our faculty, staff, and administration are committed to fostering a safe, healthy, and diverse intellectual, cultural, and social environment for student success.
- We are dedicated to the economic stability and growth of our region, and we cherish our role as a center for arts, culture, science, and technology.
- We guide our actions by fairness, honesty and integrity as we meet our obligations through wise use of the financial and natural resources entrusted to us.
As a premier university responding to an ever-changing world, SWOSU will provide an environment for faculty, student and graduate success and public service through a variety of elements:
- Innovative and accessible academic programs;
- Student activities and opportunities;
- Cultural inclusion and diversity;
- Expanded international programs, opportunities for international students, and promotion of global awareness;
- Community and private sector partnerships that benefit students, faculty and staff and the community;
- Student and faculty research, scholarly, and creative activities that expand bodies of knowledge and enhance quality of life;
- Activities and investments that promote ethical, intellectual, professional, and personal growth;
- Promotion of university and community health and wellness;
- Commitment to advancing and maintaining technologies that optimizes university operations and classroom and student distance learning;
- Management of our financial resources and establishment of new avenues to support and preserve quality programs; and
- Expansion of alumni relations, recognition, partnerships and support.
The mission of Southwestern Oklahoma State University, a member of the Regional University System of Oklahoma, is to provide educational opportunities, research, scholarly and creative activities, and service in a safe, accessible, nurturing learning environment that meets the needs of the state and region and contributes to the educational, economic, and cultural environment. SWOSU provides traditionally strong programs of study leading to a variety of degrees, from associate to doctoral degrees. The University’s areas of study, nationally accredited programs, general education curriculum, service and experiential learning activities, and participation in student activities and organizations provide students with opportunities to obtain skills, knowledge, and cultural appreciation that promote achievement by students and alumni.