Office of the Registrar
Attention: Chapter 30 & Chapter 1606 Recipients Only (G.I. Bill)
You are now able to use two programs designed to speed the processing of your Monthly Verification of Enrollment, VA Form 22-8979.
The two new systems are:
- Telephone system using Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- Internet program called WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment)
How do these two systems benefit you?
- 24-hour a day access without speaking to a case manager.
- No lost form or lost mail to worry about.
- Your education benefit check is issued faster.
- You can certify beginning the last day of the month.
How do these systems work?
- IVR: To use the Telephone Interactive Voice Response system, just dial 1-877-823-2378 and follow the instructions provided. Available in all states.
- WAVE: To use the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment system, just point your Internet browser to our web site http://www.gibill.va.gov and follow the link to the WAVE program. Instructions are provided on-line. Available worldwide.
Important: Once the system tells you that you're certified, do not return the Student Verification of Enrollment.