Phone: 580.774.3024
Fax: 580.774.7135

Bulldog Apartments

Mary Mabry Savage Apartments

Located on the SWOSU campus, the University maintains 32 apartments for married or single parent students, as well as SWOSU faculty and staff members. Due to the limited size of the apartments, fire code restricts residency to only married couples, couples with one dependent, or a single parent with custody of one dependent. Dependent must be under 18 years of age. Preference is given to couples in which both are SWOSU students. All changes in marital status and/or dependent child status must be reported to the Residence Life Office. One or both of the occupants must be enrolled at SWOSU in a minimum of 12 undergraduate credit hours or 9 graduate credit hours for the fall and spring semesters. If not enrolled for the summer semester, at least one tenant must be pre-enrolled for the fall semester.

All apartments are one bedroom/one bathroom units and come furnished with a heater, window A/C units, and a cook stove/oven, but are otherwise unfurnished. Renters are responsible for supplying their own furniture, refrigerator, and microwave. Monthly rent includes utilities as well as TV cable service and internet access. The Mary Mabry Savage Apartments have regulations that allow it to be a learning community that meets the needs of all residents. A complete list of policies and regulations can be found in the Residence Life Handbook located on our website.

Mary Mabry Savage Apartment Managers

Allen and Katie Deak

Allen and Katie DeakAllen and Katie Deak are 2007 and 2004 graduates of Mustang and Greenfield High Schools, respectively. They have been the Apartment Managers since they were married in December 2009. Allen and Katie are both pursuing a Doctorate of Pharmacy at SWOSU. They enjoy outdoor activities, basketball, and hanging out with people over dinner or coffee. Allen and Katie also enjoy spending time with neighbors and making the apartments home.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who may apply for housing on the SWOSU campus?
How long is the housing term for which I am signing up for?
What are my payment options?
What if I change my mind?
Where and for what can I use my ID card?
Where do I park and do I need a parking permit?

Who may apply for housing on the SWOSU campus?
University housing is available for current SWOSU students, faculty, and staff only.

How long is the housing term for which I am signing up for?
Housing accommodations are available in a 9-month academic term and/or a 3-month summer term. Space is often limited and reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.

What are my payment options?
You can make payments all at once or in four installments. Any further questions, please contact the business office at (580)-774-3019.

What if I change my mind?
You are free to change your mind and receive your refunded deposit anytime before the cancellation deadline on the contract. Cancellation after the deadline will result in a forfeit of the deposit. Once a resident officially checks into his/her residence, he/she is bound to fulfill the full term and cancellation would then require an opt-out fee. Email requests to

Where and for what can I use my ID card?
The ID card can be used at the Duke's Diner (cafeteria), University Grill, Beanery (located in student union), Freshens (located in the wellness center), University Market (also known as the C-store, located next to the bookstore), and vending machines in the buildings for food/dining purposes. ID cards can also be used to get into SWOSU games/activities and Wellness Center for free.

Where do I park and do I need a parking permit?
There is parking available around each building. Students do need a parking permit, which they can get at campus police (located at the southeast corner of campus). Make sure to take Student ID, license plate number, and the make/model of the vehicle.

What To Bring With You

Most students living on campus will have a roommate. When deciding what to bring, contact your roommate first so you will not bring the same items. All rooms come furnished with a twin bed, dresser, closet space, desk, and chair for each person, as well as cable television hookup and wireless internet access. Items you might want to bring for your room:

Small Refrigerator
(up to 4.5 cubic feet)
Pictures Television
VCR/DVD Player Stereo/Radio
Computer/Printer etc. Microwave Plastic Dishes
Cups & Silverware Pillows & Linens Alarm Clock
Music Games Laundry Bag
DVDs/VHS tapes Stackable Crates Extra Lamp
Strongly Suggested Extras
Surge Protected Extension Cords 3M Command Adhesive Strips

What To Leave At Home

Pets Hot plates Candles
Incense Halogen lamps
Inappropriate material
Any heating devices with an exposed heating element Alcoholic beverage containers (even for decoration)

(Click image below for larger view)

Floor Plan