Student Financial Services
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid as soon after January 1st as you can. Early application is key to receiving some types of aid.
- Review the Student Aid Report (SAR) you receive from the U.S. Department of Education. Follow the instructions to make corrections if necessary, and then keep the final SAR for your records. Do this even if you are not eligible for the Federal Pell Grant.
- Keep the Financial Aid Award Letter (and any revised award letters) for your own records. You should also keep a copy of all documents that you submit to the Office of Student Financial Services.
- Be certain that you understand the conditions of the awards you accept. Adhere to deadlines and Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
- Advise the Office of Student Financial Services immediately if you receive an award or financial aid from any other source. A change in your resources may affect your financial aid.
- Respond immediately to all requests from the Office of Student Financial Services. Failure to comply may result in the cancellation of your aid.
- Be sure to notify the Office of the University Registrar and Student Financial Services if you move.
- Remember that you must reapply for financial aid each year. The Oklahoma priority deadline for each year is April 15. But we recommend that you complete your FAFSA at least by February 28th to avoid any deadline problems associated with other types of limited aid.