Weatherford Campus Scholarships
Guaranteed | Academic | Talent-Based | Miscellaneous | Non-Resident | Private | External | Foundation | Handbook (PDF) | Sources | Links | Warning | Top 10 Search Tips | Tribal Awards
Top 10 Search Tips
- Treat looking for scholarships as if it were your job. Put in the time and you will get paid!
- Do as many scholarship searches as you can. Finding them is half the battle.
- Being involved in school, church and community activities are the best ways to make an application stand out.
- Study hard and get good grades. ACT Scores count significantly so prepare well for the test to maximize your scores.
- Treat every scholarship application like a jewel. Make the application perfect.
- Do some volunteer work. This is not just for scholarships, but because it's a good thing to do.
- Check all of the local chapters of national organizations. Rotary, Lions, Elks, etc. Ask them if they offer any scholarships to local students, a lot do.
- Pick the right people to write your recommendations.
- Don't shy away from scholarships based on difficult essays. If everyone is afraid of them, less people apply.
- Above all, BE HONEST. Don't lie about finances, grades, work experience, or anything!