Vice President for Student Affairs
SWOSU Student Affairs staff embrace the University mission and the students it serves with core values of appreciation for promotion of life-long learning, diversity, integrity, collaboration, access, service, fellowship, and the spirit of inquiry. Student Affairs staff serve a variety of roles and functions as professionals through promotion and retention practices in admissions and enrollment management and records management. The staff provide student focused services through health, counseling, and wellness resources; career development; student orientation; student conduct, disabled student services, campus activities and organizations, leadership development, and student related ombudsmanship; violence prevention services; assessment and testing; resources for veterans and international students; and the Upward Bound Program for high school students. Student Affairs staff provide additional advisement that supplements academic advisement to assist students to select and meet graduation and life goals.
Student Affairs seeks:
- To provide professional development to student service staff through the creation and dissemination of high quality experiences, information and exemplary models of practice.
- To provide leadership for promoting, assessing, and supporting student learning and successful educational outcomes.
- To provide leadership in higher education through policy development and advocacy for students on important international, national, state, and local issues.
- To provide consequences with discipline for actions both positive and negative.
- To educate a global citizen through student service activities that advance pluralism, diversity, and internationalism at SWOSU.
- To maintain, evaluate, and develop a high quality student service structure to meet current needs, anticipate future trends, and promote growth.