Updating Student Organization Sites Using Windows
The following step-by-step instructions will allow you to access and manage your files from any Windows machine with Internet Explorer. After the network location is set up, the shortcut can be accessed from My Computer (XP) or Computer (Vista).
- Click the Windows START button
- Right-click My Network Places (XP) or Network (Vista)
- Select Map Network Drive from the pop-up menu
- Follow steps in wizard to Choose a custom network location
- Click Connect to a web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures link
- Enter https://secure.swosu.edu/SWOSU/students/orgs/organizationfoldername as the Internet or network address
- replace "organizationfoldername" with the appropriate organization web folder name
- Enter a name for this network location that will appear in My Computer (XP) or Computer (Vista)
- Students - will be 'email@example.com' where username corresponds to the username portion of your SWOSU email account (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Employees - will be your SWOSU DawgTag - first initial, last initial and 6-digit ID number (e.g. John Brown would be JB123456@swosu.edu)
- Students - is the one provided on the web representative form
- Employees - will be the same as your email password
When you successfully login, you should see the contents of your directory. You will be able to create, delete, and drag and drop files and folders directly into this window. Be sure to name your home page "index.htm" to identify it as the default start page.