Admission to Graduate Degree Program
For ALL Graduate Students:
- A bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting association is required.
- An application for admission or readmission to the University is required. The application to the Graduate School and additional graduate forms may be found at http://www.swosu.edu/academics/grad/forms.aspx.
* Please note that admission to the University is separate from admission to Graduate School.
* A student must be admitted to the University in order to enroll in graduate classes.
- Official transcript(s) of all credit earned should be sent to the Graduate Office.
- A student for whom English is a second language wishing to be considered for admission must provide results of TOEFL with a minimum score of 550 or IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5.
- An international student must complete a Certification of Financial Resources Form showing sufficient resources to provide for the student’s entire program of study and living expenses while at Southwestern Oklahoma State University. A minimum deposit of $1,500 is required. The student must also provide evidence of health insurance.
- When completed credentials are on file with the Graduate Office, the file will be evaluated to determine admissibility to a graduate program.
- Incomplete application files will not be kept longer than two years.
- For additional degree requirements, contact the Graduate Studies office at email@example.com or the specific department.
The focus is you.