Wondering what all you need to do before classes begin?
Use this simple checklist to make sure you don’t leave anything out!
Apply to the university! Fill out an application online.
- Don’t forget to turn in your high school transcript and ACT scores! (Be sure to send in college transcripts if you did concurrent enrollment)
Apply for Financial Aid! Visit the Student Financial Services website for additional information.
Apply for Housing! If you want to live on campus, be sure to apply online.
- Don’t forget to send in your $100 deposit to hold your spot.
Take CPTs, or Computerized Placement Tests, to clear any deficiencies you may have.
- There will be an opportunity to take CPTs on NSO session days.
- If you would like to clear any deficiencies due to ACT scores before attending an NSO Session, contact the Assessment Center at 580.774.7084 to set up an appointment.
- If you a clear a deficiency AFTER enrollment, contact your advisor or the New Student Orientation Office to change your schedule.
Enroll in classes! After you have been admitted, you may enroll in classes.
- If you’re starting classes in the Fall, you will need to register to attend a New Orientation Session online. Enrollment will take place during the NSO Session. Click here to see a list of classes offered.
- If you’re starting classes in the Spring, call the Admissions and Recruitment Office at 580.774.3782 to set up an advisement appointment. Click here to see a list of classes offered.
Get your Student ID and Parking Decal!
- Become an “official” bulldog by getting your Student ID at the Student Union and Food Services office, located on the 2nd floor of the Memorial Student Center.
- Be sure to get your Parking Decal from Campus Police, located on the South side of campus at the intersection of State St. and College Ave.
If you will be attending an NSO Session, you can pick up your ID and Parking Decal during the Open House.