Congratulations! You’re on your way to becoming a bulldog!
You are about to embark on a life-changing journey, and we are excited you have chosen SWOSU. It will not take you long to realize how you fit in at SWOSU and that it is the right place for you!
So what’s next?
Register to attend a New Student Orientation Session. Orientation Sessions are REQUIRED for all incoming freshmen.
After you have received written notification of acceptance to SWOSU, you may register for an Orientation Session. Select an Orientation Session and register online or call 580.774.3233. Since sessions fill quickly, please remember to RSVP early. You will receive confirmation material by email after we process your reservation.
- Friday, March 31, 2017
- Thursday, April 6, 2017
- Wednesday, April 12, 2017
- Monday, June 19, 2017
- Monday, July 17, 2017
- Wednesday, August 16, 2017
All Orientation Sessions are from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., including the initial information session, advisement, and enrollment.
Feel free to bring your family along.
- 8:30 am – Student registration begins in the Fine Arts Center
- 9:00 – 10:00 am – Orientation program (all the things you need to know about SWOSU)
- 10:00 am – 11:00 pm – Student Academic Advising/Enrollment (selecting your classes)
Family members will not be with students during enrollment, consider looking at the online course schedule with your family before the orientation session
- 11:00 am – 1:00 pm – Open House (visit with departments, turn in paper work)
Offices available include:
- Photo ID or Drivers License - Students should bring a photo ID with them to pick up their SWOSU student ID and parking decal, or to take the CPT (Computerized Placement Test) to clear deficiencies.
- Final high school transcript (send at the end of the semester if grades have not posted)
- Student Health form/shot record
- Residence Hall application and $100 deposit
- Any needed paper work for Financial Aid
- List of possible classes you would enjoy taking. Go to the online course schedule to view course selection and closed classes.
- View the course catalog to find requirements for your academic major.
- Money for lunch. Feel free to grab lunch on or off campus. On-campus choices include Duke’s Diner, all-you-can-eat cafeteria, or the Food Court, four fast food outlets and a bakery. Food Court choices include Arrezzio's Italian Café, Brandy's Grill (hamburgers and sandwiches), Casa Solana Mexican Cantina, The Strip Joint (chicken strips and fries), The Corner Bakery (homemade baked goods), and The Yogurt Corner (self-serve yogurt).
We encourage families to attend a Family Orientation Session while the students attend their session. Family Sessions run concurrently with Student Orientation Sessions and are designed to answer parental questions and concerns. Family Sessions take place in the Memorial Student Center Ballroom beginning at 9:00 am.
- 8:30 am – Family registration begins on the second floor of the Memorial Student Center.
- 9:00 am – 11:00 pm – Family Orientation Session (bring a jacket as the Memorial Student Center Ballroom is often chilly).
- 11:00 am – 1:00 pm – Open House and tours with your student
- 1:00 pm – Student’s course schedule ready in the Memorial Student Center Ballroom
What else does NSO include?
Along with the New Student Orientation Session that you will attend, NSO also includes the following:
- Mass Orientation, Saturday, August 19th
- A 1 hour credit Freshman Orientation course
- Dawg Days (planned activities during the first weeks of the fall semester)