100 Campus Drive
Weatherford, OK 73096
New Students (Fall Admits)
What does NSO include?
- Orientation Session prior to the beginning of the fall semester
- Mass Orientation, Tuesday, August 19, 2014
- A 1 hour credit freshman orientation course
- Dawg Days (planned activities during the first weeks of the fall semester)
Student Orientation Sessions
An Orientation Session is a day set aside for incoming freshmen to meet with academic advisors and enroll in classes for the fall semester. Orientation Leaders assist students with the enrollment process and answer questions about life at SWOSU.
After you have received written notification of acceptance to SWOSU, you may register for an orientation session. Select an Orientation Session and register online or call 580.774.3233. Since sessions fill quickly, please remember to RSVP early. You will receive confirmation material by email after we process your reservation.
- Wednesday, April 2, 2014
- Friday, April 11, 2014
- Thursday, April 17, 2014
- Monday, June 9, 2014
- Monday, July 14, 2014
- Friday, August 15, 2014
All Orientation Sessions are from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., including the initial information session, advisement, and enrollment.
Feel free to bring your family along.
What to Expect
- 8:30 am – Student registration begins in the Fine Arts Center
- 9:00 – 10:00 am – Orientation program (all the things you need to know about SWOSU)
- 10:00 am – 11:00 pm – Student Academic Advising/Enrollment (selecting your classes)
Family members will not be with students during enrollment, consider looking at the online course schedule with your family before the orientation session (www.swosu.edu –> Quick Links –> Course Schedules).
- 11:00 am – 1:00 pm – Open House (visit with departments, turn in paper work)
Offices available include:
Assessment (Computerized Placement Tests (CPT) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Auxiliary Services (photo ID and meal plans)*will need a photo ID
Bursar (questions about paying for college)
Camp Duke Freshman Summer Camp Information
Campus Police (parking decals)*will need a photo ID
Cheyenne & Arapaho Tribal College
Dean of Students (ADA, student activities and organizations)
GOLD Program (National Guard Program)
Human Resources (on-campus jobs)
Student Financial Services (money for school)
Student Health and Counseling Services
Residence Life (student housing)
University Bookstore (textbooks & clothing items)
- 11:15 am – 1:00 pm - Campus and residence halls tours
- 1:00 pm – Course schedules ready in the Student Union Ballroom
After picking up the spring schedule, students are free to go.
What to Bring
- Photo ID or Drivers License - Students should bring a photo ID with them to pick up their SWOSU student ID and parking decal, or to take the CPT (Computerized Placement Test) to clear deficiencies.
- Final college transcript (send at the end of the semester if grades have not posted)
- Student Health form/shot record
- Residence Hall application and $100 deposit
- Any needed paper work for Financial Aid
- List of possible classes you would enjoy taking. Go to www.swosu.edu –> Quick Link –>Course Schedules to view course selection and closed classes. View the course catalog to find requirements for your academic major.
- Money for lunch. Feel free to grab lunch on or off campus. On-campus choices include Duke’s Diner, all-you-can-eat cafeteria for $5.95 or the Food Court, four fast food outlets and a bakery for $5 to $7. Food Court choices include Arrezzio's Italian Café, Brandy's Grill (hamburgers and sandwiches), Casa Solana Mexican Cantina, The Strip Joint (chicken strips and fries), The Corner Bakery (homemade bake goods), and The Yogurt Corner (self-serve yogurt).
Family Orientation Sessions
We encourage families to attend a Family Orientation Session while the students attend their session. Family Sessions run concurrently with Student Orientation Sessions and are designed to answer parental questions and concerns. Family Sessions take place in the Student Center Ballroom beginning at 9:00 am.
- 8:30 am – Family registration begins on the second floor of the Student Union.
- 9:00 am – 11:00 pm – Family Orientation Session (bring a jacket as the Student Union Ballroom is often chilly).
- 11:00 am – 1:00 pm – Open House and tours with your student
- 1:00 pm – Student’s course schedule ready in the Student Union Ballroom
We offer a video of the Family Session that will be available to view on our website in August for families who were unable to attend earlier sessions.
The focus is you.