100 Campus Drive
Weatherford, OK 73096
New Students (Spring Admits)
An Orientation Session is a day set aside for incoming freshmen and transfer students to meet with academic advisors and enroll in classes for the spring semester. Orientation Leaders assist students with the enrollment process and answer questions about life at SWOSU.
After you have received written notification of acceptance to SWOSU, you may register for an orientation session. Select an Orientation Session and register online or call 580.774.3233. Since sessions fill quickly, please remember to RSVP early. You will receive confirmation material by email after we process your reservation.
Friday, November 16, 2012
Friday, November 30, 2012
All Orientation Sessions are from 9:00 a.m. – 12 p.m. in the Student Union Ballroom, including the initial information session, advisement, and enrollment.
Feel free to bring your family along.
Click here for a campus map and driving directions.
What to Bring
- Photo ID or Drivers License - Students should bring a photo ID with them to pick up their SWOSU student ID and parking decal, or to take the CPT (Computerized Placement Test) to clear deficiencies.
- Copies of any advance placement (AP) credit reports
- Copies of any updated ACT reports
- Final high school transcript
- Student Health form/shot record
- Residence Hall application and $100 deposit
- Any needed paper work for Financial Aid
- List of possible classes you would enjoy taking. Go to www.swosu.edu –> Quick Link –>Class Schedules to view course selection and closed classes. View the course catalog to find requirements for your academic major.
- Money for lunch. Feel free to grab lunch on or off campus. On-campus choices include Duke’s Diner, all-you-can-eat cafeteria for $5.95 or the Food Court, four fast food outlets and a bakery for $5 to $7. Food Court choices include Arrezzio's Italian Café, Brandy's Grill (hamburgers and sandwiches), Casa Solana Mexican Cantina, The Strip Joint (chicken strips and fries), The Corner Bakery (homemade bake goods), and Grains & Berries (self-serve yogurt).
What to Expect on Session Days
- 8:30 am – Registration begins on the second floor of the Student Union.
- 9:00 – 10:00 am – Orientation program (all the things you need to know about SWOSU)
- 10:00 am – 11:00 pm – Student Academic Advising/Enrollment (selecting your classes)
Family members will not be with students during enrollment, consider looking at the online class schedule with your family before the orientation session (www.swosu.edu –> Quick Links –> Class Schedules).
- 10:00 am – 11:00 pm – Family Orientation Session
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm – Open House (visit with departments, turn in paper work)
Offices available include:
Assessment (Computerized Placement Tests (CPT) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Auxiliary Services (photo ID and meal plans)*will need a photo ID
Bursar (questions about paying for college)
Campus Police (parking decals)*will need a photo ID
Cheyenne & Arapaho Tribal College
Dean of Students (ADA, student activities and organizations)
GOLD Program (National Guard Program)
Human Resources (on-campus jobs)
Student Financial Services (money for school)
Student Health and Counseling Services
Residence Life (student housing)
University Bookstore (textbooks & clothing items)
- 12:00 pm – Class schedules ready in the Student Union Ballroom
After picking up the spring schedule, students are free to go unless they are interested in a campus tour.
- 12:15 pm - Campus and residence halls tours
The Dawg Zone is offered to entertain siblings while students enroll and family members attend the Family Session. A number of activities will be available in the Dawg Zone for siblings of all ages, including Nintendo Wii, computers, movies, games, crafts and coloring pages.
The focus is you.