Transfer students have a choice to do a group or individual enrollment session.
Once transfer students have been accepted to SWOSU they may contact the Admissions and Recruitment Office, at 580.774.3782 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for assistance with departmental advisement and enrollment. Transfer students will meet individually with an academic advisor to enroll in classes.
The Admissions and Recruitment Office also schedules campus and residence hall tours on the day students visit SWOSU for academic advisement.
Transfer students are welcome to attend a New Student Orientation (NSO) session to enroll at the same time as a group of incoming freshmen. Students may complete the online registration form or call the NSO office (580.774.3233) to sign up for a New Student Orientation session.
- Friday, April 1, 2016
- Thursday, April 7, 2016
- Wednesday, April 13, 2016
- Monday, June 13, 2016
- Monday, July 18, 2016
- Wednesday, August 17, 2016
After signing up for orientation, additional information will be sent via email.
- 8:30 am – Student registration begins in the Fine Arts Center
- 9:00 – 10:00 am – Orientation program (all the things you need to know about SWOSU)
- 10:00 am – 11:00 pm – Student Academic Advising/Enrollment (selecting your classes)
Family members will not be with students during enrollment, consider looking at the online course schedule with your family before the orientation session
- 11:00 am – 1:00 pm – Open House (visit with departments, turn in paper work)
Offices available include:
Assessment (Computerized Placement Tests (CPT) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Auxiliary Services (photo ID and meal plans)*will need a photo ID
Bursar (questions about paying for college)
Campus Police (parking decals)*will need a photo ID
Dean of Students (ADA, student activities and organizations)
GOLD Program (National Guard Program)
Human Resources (on-campus jobs)
Student Financial Services (money for school)
Student Health and Counseling Services
Residence Life (student housing)
University Bookstore (textbooks & clothing items)
- 11:15 pm - 1:00 pm – Campus and residence halls tours
- 1:00 pm – Course schedules ready in the Student Union Ballroom
After picking up the spring schedule, students are free to go.
- Photo ID or Drivers License - Students should bring a photo ID with them to pick up their SWOSU student ID and parking decal, or to take the CPT (Computerized Placement Test) to clear deficiencies.
- Final college transcript (send at the end of the semester if grades have not posted)
- Student Health form/shot record
- Residence Hall application and $100 deposit
- Any needed paper work for Financial Aid
- List of possible classes you would enjoy taking. Go to the online course schedule to view course selection and closed classes.
- View the course catalog to find requirements for your academic major.
- Money for lunch. Feel free to grab lunch on or off campus. On-campus choices include Duke’s Diner, all-you-can-eat cafeteria, or the Food Court, four fast food outlets and a bakery. Food Court choices include Arrezzio's Italian Café, Brandy's Grill (hamburgers and sandwiches), Casa Solana Mexican Cantina, The Strip Joint (chicken strips and fries), The Corner Bakery (homemade baked goods), and The Yogurt Corner (self-serve yogurt).