This application can be completed/submitted by any prospective high school senior wishing to apply for SWOSU's PLC program. The application must be submitted by March 1st of a student's senior year and is available online from September through March 1st. All PLC applicants must be fully admitted to SWOSU by March 1st for full scholarship consideration.
The President’s Leadership Application is a three part submission process. Please complete the application form (step #1 below) before uploading documents or sharing the recommendation link. All application forms, documents and references must be completed, uploaded and received on or before March 1st for full scholarship consideration. Applicants should receive email confirmations as documents are received and application files are complete within the Admissions & Recruitment Office. Any concerns or questions may be directed to Todd Boyd at 580.774.3782, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The three part application process is as follows:
- First, the applicant must complete and submit the President’s Leadership Application form found here: www.formstack.com/forms/SWOSU-plc_app. (Please complete the application form before uploading documents or sharing the recommendation link.)
- Second, the applicant should upload their resume and responses to the two essay questions listed below this paragraph. Your resume and essay responses should be saved on your computer (word or pdf formats are best), accessible and ready to upload as you begin the resume/essay submission form. Be sure that the applicant’s name & high school are saved at the top of each page. The upload link will be provided to you via email once you have successfully submitted your PLC Application using the link in provided in step one.
- If you were able to take a leadership course taught by your most admired leader, who is this leader and what would s/he teach you about leadership?
- In your own words, what is the definition of a leader?
- And third, PLC applicants must have a minimum of two (no more than two) recommendation forms submitted prior to March 1st. Recommendations may be completed by teachers, counselors, administrators or other appropriate school personnel. It is the applicant's responsibility to contact the recommender and request the recommendation. Those completing the reference forms must do so by the March 1st deadline, so be sure to give them the time-frame needed to complete the form. Remind them to be sure to use your actual name and not nicknames when submitting their recommendation. The recommendation link will be provided to you via email once you have successfully submitted your PLC Application using the link provided in step one.
After application reviews are completed in March, approximately fifty students will be selected for on-campus interviews typically occurring around the first week of April. Of those fifty applicants interviewed a class of fifteen leaders will be selected.
Any concerns or questions may be directed to Todd Boyd at 580.774.3782, email@example.com.