How to Help?
This is the inaugural year of Tech Trek on the SWOSU campus. We need your assistance in many ways:
- Identify outstanding young women who will be entering the eighth grade in Fall 2013.
- Contact her school so she can be nominated by a middle school science or math teacher
- See “How to become a Camper” for selection criteria and nomination form
- Be a Mentor:
- Provide care and enthusiasm as a Student Counselor,
- Health Aide, or Dorm Monitor (paid positions).
- Motivate and educate as a Teacher (paid position)
- Encourage girls by representing a STEM-related career at the Professional night.
- Volunteer to help with or participate in any aspect of the
- Donate funds, supplies, or a workshop
- Other than the $50 reservation fee, Tech Trek will be provided at no additional cost to the thirty campers. To do so, we need to raise $40,000 to fully fund this camp.
- We also need items such as lab goggles, flash drives, water, and other give-aways and expendables.
- In turn, we will display your logo and contact information on our website/Facebook, on any Tech Trek materials, and at the camp. We will also feature plaques with donor names at the Awards Banquet.
Nuclear Donors (> $1000)
- National AAUW (www.aauw.org)
- City of Weatherford Hotel/Motel Tax Commission (http://cityofweatherford.com)
- Oklahoma EPSCoR (http://www.okepscor.org)
Kilobyte Donors ($250-$1000)
- Dr. Joe Anna Hibler, Past President, SWOSU
- Mr. Tom Fagan, Executive Vice President for Administration and Finance, SWOSU
- Dr. Kelley Logan, Chair, Department of Language & Literature, SWOSU
- Dr. Valerie Reimers, Department of Language & Literature, SWOSU
- Dr. Lori Gwyn, Department of Chemistry, SWOSU
- Marjorie Bose, Weatherford, OK
- Weatherford branch, AAUW (http://weatherford-ok.aauw.net/)
Duncan Branch, AAUW (http://duncan-ok.aauw.net)
- Rotary Club, Weatherford, OK (www.facebook.com/weatherfordokrotaryclub)
- Dr. E. Vann Greer, DDS
- Flex-Chem (http://www.flex-chem.com)
Turbo Donors (< $250)
- Mrs. Linda Hays, Weatherford, OK
- Dr. Lisa Appeddu, Department of Biological Sciences, SWOSU
- Dianna Morgan, AAUW Oklahoma Co-President
- Mrs. Betty Lyle, Weatherford, OK
Piece of the "Pi" Donors (In-Kind Donations)
- Five Hummingbird Robots – Purchased by the College of Professional and Graduate Studies and the School of Engineering Technology, SWOSU (www.swosu.edu)
- Thirty Journal Notebooks – Donated by Thermo Fisher Scientific (www.thermofisher.com/)
- One TI-84 Plus (Silver Edition) Calculator – Donated by Texas Instruments (www.ti.com)
- Flash Drives - Donated by Caddo Electric (http://caddoelectric.com/v2/)
- Conducting and sponsoring camp workshop on Electricity - Public Service Company of Oklahoma (https://www.psoklahoma.com/Default.aspx)
- Conducting and sponsoring camp workshop - Stafford Air & Space Museum (http://www.staffordmuseum.com)
- Conducting and sponsoring camp workshop - P Bar Farms (http://pbarfarms.com)
- Conducting and sponsoring camp workshop - Oklahoma Conservation Commission (http://www.ok.gov/conservation)
- Conducting and sponsoring camp workshop - Superior Fabrication, Inc. (http://superiorfab.com)
Every Contribution makes a difference:
|$25||Pays for one Lab Notebook & Flash Drive|
|$50||Covers lab supplies for one camper|
|$125||Provides one camper’s cost for a half day|
|$250||Affords a full day at camp for one girl|
|$675||Covers one half of a camp scholarship for one girl|
|$1350||Awards a full camp scholarship for one girl|
|$5000||Sponsors one day at camp for everyone|
|Mail Tax-Deductible Donations:||Tech Trek Camp
100 Campus Drive
Weatherford, OK 73096