Programs & Classes
- Weight Watchers at Work
- Come and go: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday, August 28, in the Bonny Board Room, Student Union
- Contact Janet Slagell (7023) or Kathy Megli (7070)
- Light lunch provided
- Walking works
- Begins on Monday, September 11th and ends (at midnight) Friday, November 10th.
- Start building your dream team! More information coming soon!
- Next Diabetes Prevention Class is scheduled to start this fall – e-mail email@example.com if interested.
- “I Will” SWOSU
- Begins with free nutrition classes given by Radonna Sawatzky, Custer County Family and Consumer Sciences Extension Educator. These are noon programs (12 - 12:50 p.m.) at the Conference Center. For more information contact Lynne.Thurman@swosu.edu.
- October 3rd – Basic Nutrition looking at Fats, Sugars, and Carbs - We will be discussing different foods and the amount of fat and sugar. We will have some food models and some experiments. How much sugar does your 44-ounce drink have?
- October 10th – Meet at United Supermarket for a Grocery Store Tour - We will take a quick look at some items on the store shelves that would be healthier choices. We will learn to read labels and see if we really know what we are eating. Salad lunch provided by United Supermarket.
- October 24th– Food Prep Ideas/ Food Safety - We will be looking at new gadgets and things that can help you get the job done easier and quicker. We will also discuss some home food safety issues.
- November 1st – Healthy Pressure Cooker Cooking - We will look at a variety of pressure cookers and make some dishes for you to try. This new product saves time and money for the busy family. Lunch provided by Radonna.
- Catapult will be back on campus November 6 - 8th More information coming soon.
Classes are available for anyone with an employee ID card.
- Water Aerobics
- Location: SWOSU pool
- Dates/Times: Monday & Wednesday from 5 - 6 p.m.
- Location: Wellness Center
- Beginning Class - Noon, Tuesday
- Advanced Class - 5:30 pm, Wednesday
- Combined Class - 6:30 a.m., Thursday
- Location: Wellness Center
- Dates/Times: Monday and Thursday - 6 - 7 p.m.
- Pilates TBA
- Square Dancing
- Instructor: Phillip Snider
- Location: Conference Center
- Dates/Times: Tuesdays 7 - 9 p.m., starting August 23
- First three lessons free; by donation thereafter
- For more information: Contact Lisa Thiessen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 580.774.3039
- We will have students available in the Wellness Center this Fall to assist with the circuit machines and weights.
- Exercise Balls (to sit at desks instead of chairs) are available for checkout, contact Lynne Thurman email@example.com.
- Walking Club begins September 4th
- Meet at the east entrance of the Wellness Center at noon and walk until 12:45 p.m.