Instruction for Secondary School Students
Southwestern Oklahoma State University welcomes the use of the Al Harris Library by teachers and high school students. Please read these guidelines before scheduling your class for a library visit.
- Schedule your class visit by contacting the Instruction Department at (580)774-7113 or by email. Contact us at least one week prior to the date you'd like to visit.
- One visit per school is allowed per semester.
- Visits are limited to high school junior and senior level classes. Your students will need to bring an assignment that requires research with college-level scholarly resources.
- The maximum class size is 20 students.
- Classes with more than 20 students may be split between two days.
- The Instruction Dept. will reserve the the Library Instruction Room for your class. There are 15 student PCs and 1 instructor PC. PCs on the first floor are reserved for SWOSU students and are not to be used by visiting students.
- On request, library personnel will give your class a brief presentation about how to use our library's resources. Library personnel will also show visiting instructors how to use the Library Instruction Room equipment.
- Individual high school students are welcome to use the library at other times under the same policies that apply to other members of the public.
- Minors age 18 or younger who are not SWOSU students cannot check out library materials.
- Minors age 18 or younger who are not SWOSU students must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or instructor when using computers in the Al Harris Library. See the Library Computing Policy for full details.
Articles & Databases