Administration, Faculty & Staff News
SWOSU Trio Wins Grant to Develop Software for Inventory of City Trees
May 22, 2013
- Two faculty and a student at Southwestern Oklahoma State University have received a $4,500 grant to develop portable computer software that will help to create an inventory of trees in the City of Weatherford.
SWOSU Employee Named SBA Veteran Champion
May 21, 2013
- Morgan Gould in the Southwestern Oklahoma State University Small Business Development Center in Lawton has been selected as the Small Business Administration’s Veteran Small Business Champion of the Year for his commitment and dedication in providing business assistance services to veterans.
SWOSU Receives $15,000 for National Pilot Program Tech Trek
May 20, 2013
- Tech Trek at Southwestern Oklahoma State University recently received $15,000 from the Oklahoma Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCoR) to assist in funding the week-long math and science camp for girls this summer.
SWOSU Professor Plans Summer Work on ESNet
May 7, 2013
- SWOSU Professor Dr. Warren Moseley has a busy and interesting summer planned this year.
SWOSU Faculty Receive Promotions and Tenure
April 17, 2013
- Ten Southwestern Oklahoma State University faculty members have been awarded promotions, and eight faculty members have received tenure effective with the 2013-14 academic year.
AAUW Plans Installation of Officers
April 16, 2013
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University’s local chapter of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) will hold its annual salad supper and officer installation on Tuesday, April 23, at 6:30 p.m. at 1219 Sycamore Street in Weatherford.
SWOSU Music Instructor Patricia Surman Receives Fulbright Award
April 12, 2013
- Patricia Surman, instructor of music at Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford, has been awarded a Fulbright Scholar grant to lecture and research at the University of Macedonia in Thessaloniki (Greece) during the 2013-2014 academic year.
Brown Bag Lunch at SWOSU to feature Teaching Innovations in Inorganic Chemistry
April 9, 2013
- The April Research Interest Group Brown Bag Lunch at SWOSU will take place Thursday, April 18, on the Weatherford campus and will feature teaching innovations in inorganic chemistry.
SWOSU Students Plan Employee Appreciation Week
April 4, 2013
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University Staff.Administration.Faculty Appreciation Week is planned April 8-12 on the Weatherford campus.
SWOSU College of Pharmacy Advisory Council Meets for First Time
March 28, 2013
- The inaugural meeting of the Southwestern Oklahoma State University College of Pharmacy Dean’s Advisory Council was held recently on the Weatherford campus.