Alumni & Foundation News
Garrett King Named Director of Institutional Advancement at SWOSU
August 21, 2014
- Garrett King has been named director of institutional advancement at Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford.
Richard M. Allen Scholarship Established with SWOSU College of Pharmacy
July 18, 2014
- The Richard M. Allen Scholarship has been established with the SWOSU College of Pharmacy Alumni Foundation in Weatherford to provide an annual $1,000 scholarship to a deserving pharmacy student.
Sims Honored by SWOSU College of Pharmacy
July 2, 2014
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University graduate Nelson M. Sims of Key Largo (FL) was recently honored by the SWOSU College of Pharmacy in Weatherford.
SWOSU College of Pharmacy Alumni Association Plans Reception in Norman
June 30, 2014
- The Southwestern Oklahoma State University College of Pharmacy Alumni Association will host a reception in conjunction with the Oklahoma Pharmacists Association Convention on Thursday, July 10, in Norman.
SWOSU Alumni Association Plans Free Picnic on June 13
June 2, 2014
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University’s Alumni Association will host its annual alumni and friends picnic on Friday, June 13, and this year’s event will coincide with the 24th annual Heartland Car Cruise being held in Weatherford.
SWOSU Receives $500,000 Gift from Fuller Estate
May 12, 2014
- The estate of Sayre native Bill W. Fuller has left Southwestern Oklahoma State University with a planned gift of $501,755 that will be used for scholarships to benefit the Sayre campus of SWOSU.
Howell and Fix Honored as SWOSU Distinguished Alums
May 12, 2014
- William (Bill) Howell of Topanga (CA) and Herbert M. Fix of Daytona Beach Shores (FL) were inducted into Southwestern Oklahoma State University’s Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame during graduation activities held May 10 on the Weatherford campus.
Pharmacy Advisory Council Hears Updates on SWOSU
May 8, 2014
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University’s College of Pharmacy (COP) Dean’s Advisory Council meeting was recently held on the Weatherford campus and members of the council heard an update on the university from SWOSU President Randy Beutler and COP Dean Dennis Thompson.
SWOSU Foundation Receives $50,000 to Establish C.B. Graft Rule of Law Endowment
May 2, 2014
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University Foundation recently received a generous contribution of $50,000 from 1963 SWOSU graduate C. B. Graft, Roger Mills County Associate District Judge F. Pat VerSteeg, and Mark and Chaille Walraven of the Clinton law firm Graft & Walraven for the establishment of the C.B. Graft Rule of Law Endowment to fund scholarships.
Night of Celebration at SWOSU College of Pharmacy 75th Anniversary Event
April 28, 2014
- Celebrating at the 75th anniversary celebration of the Southwestern Oklahoma State University College of Pharmacy dinner held Saturday night in Weatherford were several members of the Eck family, who were honored with the first-ever SWOSU College of Pharmacy Heritage Award.