Community & Outreach News
SWOSU Sets Surplus Property Auction for August 7
July 27, 2015
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University has scheduled a surplus property auction on Friday, August 7, beginning at 9 a.m. on the Weatherford campus. The public is invited to attend.
SWOSU to Host Issues Conference Geared to Regional Universities and Small Colleges
July 24, 2015
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University will be the host site this fall for an administrative issues conference that will bring people to Weatherford from around the United States.
SWOSU Students Benefit from Exercise Science and Sports Management Internships
July 20, 2015
- Ten Southwestern Oklahoma State University students in the exercise science and sports management graduate programs on the Weatherford campus have been working as interns this summer at various places in the country.
Rotary Club Sponsors Professional Etiquette Night for Tech Trek
July 6, 2015
- The Rotary Club of Weatherford sponsored “Professional Etiquette Night” at the recent Teck Trek Camp held at Southwestern Oklahoma State University.
SWOSU CEBD Places 13 Interns
June 18, 2015
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University’s Center for Economic and Business Development has placed 13 students in various internship positions this summer.
Senator Schulz Honored by OSRHE
June 15, 2015
- Oklahoma Senator Mike Schulz of Altus was recently presented the Higher Education Distinguished Service Award by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education for Schulz’ dedication to serving the state’s colleges and universities.
Weatherford Middle School Students Chosen for E.M.T.s Program at SWOSU
June 11, 2015
- Fourteen Weatherford Middle School students have been chosen for the Eagle Medical Trainees (E.M.T.s) program, a partnership between WMS and Southwestern Oklahoma State University that will begin this fall on the Weatherford campus of SWOSU.
Asian American Student Association Raises Funds for Agape Medical Clinic
May 27, 2015
- The Asian American Student Association (AASA) at Southwestern Oklahoma State University recently presented a check to the Agape Medical Clinic in Weatherford to aid its mission of serving those in need.
SWOSU Offering 27 Summer Youth Camps
May 19, 2015
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University has 27 public youth camps taking place this summer on the Weatherford campus.
SWOSU Students and Faculty Comprise Medical Brigade Headed to Panama
May 8, 2015
- Twenty-four Southwestern Oklahoma State University students and faculty from the Division of Nursing, School of Heath Sciences and the College of Pharmacy in Weatherford are heading to Panama on May 16-22 as part of a medical mission to help serve the people in Ipeti Colono and Torti Abajo, both rural, isolated communities in eastern Panama.