Public Relations & Marketing
News and Events
SWOSU Honors Employees
October 17, 2005
Southwestern Oklahoma State University staff employees were honored for their years of service at a recent reception held on the Weatherford campus.
Thirty-three employees were honored for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service to SWOSU. Four employees who recently retired were also recognized. SWOSU President John Hays made the presentations.
Employee and Administrator of the year awards were presented to Marci Grant and Mark Engelman, respectively. Each won a $500 award. Grant is administrative assistant in the College of Professional and Graduate Studies, while Engelman is director of information technology services.
Recent SWOSU retirees included Karen Bergman, Edd Capps, Janice Hix and Barbara Lueck.
Serving as hostess of the program was Gail Wilcox, who is chair of the Support Personnel Organization at SWOSU. Providing special music was the SWOSU Barbershop Quartet, comprised of Jonathon Stewart, Adam Frame, John Bowers and Mike Tidwell.
Years of service honorees were:
- Jo Hill, Department of Language Arts
- Melvin Lancaster, Physical Plant
- Tammy Lancaster, Business Affairs
- Charlotte Nutry, Business Affairs.
- Janice Hodge, Sayre
- Mary Roberson, Library
- Tony Bowman, Physical Plant
- Debbie Flaming, Department of Biological Sciences and Department of Social Sciences
- Shirley Monroe, Registrar’s Office
- Don Stephenson, Physical Plant
- Steven Wichert, Physical Plant
- Sharon Bearpaw, Student Center Cafeteria
- Terry Billey, Sayre Dean’s Office
- Melissa Hall, Physical Plant
- Betty Ann Klaassen, Upward Bound
- Gayla McHenry, Student Center Snack Bar
- Jena Skarda, Admissions and Recruitment
- Eddie Tate, Physical Plant
- Shirley Venable, School of Allied Health
- Margie Vincent, College of Pharmacy
- Carol Wheeler, Foss Lake Adventure Program
- Mary Dowty, Physical Plant
- Donna Durbin, Pharmacy-Lawton
- Melanie Fast, Registrar’s Office
- Erin Hawkins, School of Business and Technology
- Kandy House, University Press
- Florence Hutchinson, Student Center-Grill
- Willis Jones, Physical Plant
- Diana Lawrence, Student Center-Cafeteria
- Jayquata Lindsey, Student Center Cafeteria
- LaDonna Lucas, Payroll Accountant
- Pamela Nichols, Athletics
- Paula Sharry, Information Technology Services