Public Relations & Marketing
News and Events
SWOSU at Sayre Students Win at PBL State Meeting
April 7, 2006
SWOSU at Sayre students won 10 first place awards at the recent Phi Beta Lambda state competition held in Tulsa.
PBL is the collegiate division of the national association, Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda, Inc.
In addition to the 10 first place awards, the Sayre chapter won four second place awards, two third place awards and one fourth place award. Also, advisor Patsy Wootton received the Outstanding Advisor Award for 2005-2006 and the Sayre chapter placed third in the Outstanding Chapter competition. Students competing included:
- Dustin Batterton, Cheyenne, 1st in public speaking; 1st in emerging business issues (team presentation)
- Bobbi Calvert, Reydon, 2nd in sales presentation
- Tara Cape, Elk City, 1st in financial analysis and decision making; 1st in emerging business issues (team presentation)
- David Garrelts, Elk City, 1st in sports management and decision making; 3rd in managerial analysis and decision making
- Roy Herndon, Elk City, 1st in impromptu speaking; 2nd in job interview
- Figianna Horn, Elk City, 1st in future business executive
- Gloria Lau, Sayre, 1st in economics; 2nd in accounting principles
- Mary Ann Martinez, Canadian, Texas, 1st in accounting analysis and decision making
- Joesanto Mendez, Erick, 1st in Java programming
- Raymond Shilling, Carter, 2nd in C++ programming
- Virginia Strong, Elk City, 1st in word processing; 4th in accounting principles
Central University; SWOSU at Weatherford; Northwestern Oklahoma State University; University of Oklahoma; Oklahoma State University; Conners State College; Tulsa Community College; University of Central Oklahoma; and Redlands Community College
PBL is a dynamic organization of people preparing for success as leaders in business, government and communities. PBL’s mission is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs.